If you love cakes, then you might be familiar with tutti frutti cake because it’s very popular. But what is it? Well, it is an Indian dessert that is simple to make, just follow the baking techniques. This is a dessert that is loved by most kids and even grown-ups, as it is very yummy and soft. It can be enjoyed as a snack with your evening tea or a special dessert for a party or any other occasion.
If you want to make a cake with eggs then a tutti frutti cake is ideal. For additional flavor, you can add an orange or pineapple juice. This cake is delicious and colourful, and it doesn’t need any frosting. Continue reading this article for some recipes.
Tutti Frutti Cake
There are two ways to make tutti frutti cake – by using an oven or a pressure cooker. Let’s learn them both, one by one.
How To Make Tutti Frutti Cake With Eggs And Orange Juice In An Oven
This recipe will include eggs and orange juice and will be done in an oven.
- One cup of all-purpose flour or Maida.
- A half teaspoonful of baking soda and baking powder.
- 100 grams of butter.
- A half cup of sugar and one and a half tablespoon of granulated white sugar.
- Two eggs.
- ¼ cup of tutti frutti.
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice.
- A teaspoonful of orange or vanilla essence.
First of all, preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius for 15 minutes. Bring all the ingredients to room temperature. Then, sieve the Maida, baking soda and baking powder together twice. Set them aside.
Powder the sugar, then mix or dust the tutti frutti with a little Maida, so that it doesn’t settle at the bottom of your cake.
Grease your baking tray with a bit of butter and dust it with Maida. If you are planning to make cupcakes, grease and dust the moulds of the cupcakes or line them with cupcake liners.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Beat the sugar and the butter until they become creamy. Then, add the eggs and beat properly.
- Add half of the Maida and gently fold. Add the orange juice, the rest of the maida, the essence and the tutti frutti that’s been dusted with flour. Gently fold it until everything is well-combined. The cake batter is now ready.
- Pour this batter in the cupcake moulds or baking tray, and gently trap the tray to evenly spread the batter.
- Finally, bake in a preheated oven for at least 25 to 30 minutes or until the inserted toothpick in the center comes out cleanly.
Simply follow these methods and you will have delicious tutti frutti cakes or cupcakes.
- If you want a pineapple flavored cake then add three tablespoons of pineapple juice, rather than the orange juice, and a teaspoonful of vanilla or pineapple essence. Tropicana pineapple juice can also be used.
Here’s a video of how to make tutti frutti cake:
How To Make Tutti Frutti Cake In A Pressure Cooker
Have you tried making tutti frutti cake in a pressure cooker? You use the same ingredients as you do in an oven. This is great for people do not have an oven at home, as they can use the pressure cooker instead.
(Via Cookery Atlas)
For a tutti frutti cake recipe in a pressure cooker, consider the following:
- Two cups of refined flour or Maida.
- ¾ of a cup of powdered sugar.
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda.
- ¾ of a cup of milk.
- A half cup of ghee.
- A cup of condensed milk.
- Sieve the baking soda, baking powder and Maida in a bowl and mix all the ingredients. Repeat this at least two or three times as it adds a little air into the flour.
- Properly mix the ghee whisk and powdered sugar until it’s smooth.
- Put in the condensed milk and mix it well, along with the sugar and ghee mix.
- Add the flour into the mixture, then whisk the batter in one direction. Add the milk too and mix it until it becomes fluffy and there are no lumps.
- Grease a cake tin with ghee, then dust it in the corners with a thin layer of flour. Now, pour the prepared cake batter into the greased tin and set aside.
- Remove the rubber or gasket from the lid of the pressure cooker so it will not whistle. Put the thick, small steel plate right at the bottom of the pressure cooker. Spread a cup of salt into the base to prevent the base of the dish from coming into contact with the bottom and maintain the temperature inside the pressure cooker. Now, put the pressure cooker on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes to preheat it.
- Place the batter-filled cake tin in the preheated pressure cooker and close the lid. Cook for 35 -45 minutes on medium heat. Insert the knife – once it comes out clean, the cake’s ready to serve.
- Let it cool down to room temperature and remove the cake. Cut it into slices, serve it and enjoy.
If you don’t have an oven at home, you can use your pressure cooker instead by following these steps, or watch this video to get some more detailed instructions.
Making tutti frutti cakes is so easy and fast. You only need to have the ingredients ready and follow all the instructions we’ve given.
Did you learn something new from this article? I really hope you did! Hit like or post your comments below if you have any questions or would like some additional information. Share this article too!