How do you like your vegetable salad? Maybe fresh lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and celery? I wish these crunchy vegetables were available throughout the year. It is summertime, so I guess I’ve got to get the most out of them.
But what would a vegetable salad be without the dressing? Salad dressing is very crucial to a vegetable salad recipe. Do you want to know how to make the best salad dressing for burning fat?
Learn the Keto Salad Dressing mix!
Keto Salad Dressing
- What Do You Mean By The Keto Diet?
- What You Will Need
- How To Make Keto Salad Dressing
- Best Keto Salad Dressing Recipes
- What You Need
- 1. Salad Dressing For A Beefsteak Recipe: Homemade French Dressing
- 2. Salad Dressing For A Green Salad Recipe: Greek Dressing Recipe
- 3. Salad Dressing For A Chicken Salad Recipe: Homemade Ranch Dressing
Before we start making it, let us find out more about what Keto is.
What Do You Mean By The Keto Diet?
Keto is popularly known as a diet that is focused on food with a very low carbohydrates content. Some people out there call this kind of diet ketogenetic, low-carb, low-carb high fat, and so on!
Here is an explanation of the Keto term:
When we eat food that is rich in carbohydrates, our body system easily breaks it down into glucose and insulin. Glucose is the body’s priority to use in terms of energy. Insulin helps in the process by taking it all over our system through the bloodstream.
But what if we eat food with a low-carb content?
Here comes ketosis to the rescue! Our body has a natural process that defends us and keep us thriving during times of low food intake. We call it Ketosis.
Ketones are generated from the breakdown of our fats in the liver, and then are used by our body as the primary energy source.
When your glucose is low, your body will start working on stored fats, and burn them.
Now that we are clear on what Keto means, let’s start making our Keto salad dressing and start kicking out the fat!
What You Will Need
- Your ingredients.
- Jars where you want to store the salad dressing.
- Spoon or fork for mixing.
- Food processor (optional).
- ¼ cup of your own homemade mayonnaise (or any readymade kind will do).
- 1 tablespoon of your homemade Dijon mustard (or any readymade kind will do).
- ¼ cup of oil, preferably high-quality olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT).
- 2 portions of crushed garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite herbs (newly sliced).
- Seasoning (as you like it, salt, pepper, etc.).
Here is another seasoning mix that you might also like:
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder or 2 teaspoons of newly sliced chili pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of your own homemade sriracha (or any readymade kind will do).
- 1 tablespoon of your own homemade ketchup (or any readymade kind will do).
- Your choice of healthy oil (I suggest avocado oil, as it is the best).
In choosing the ingredients for your keto-related recipes, use the most natural form as much as possible. Organic is the best and those without artificial additives.
How To Make Keto Salad Dressing
The steps for this recipe are short and simple; it will be done in a blink of an eye. Remember, this keto dressing recipe can serve as a guideline when making your own version. You may be inspired to change the ingredients to suit your own palate and need.
First add the salt, pepper and the herbs. Get your jar out and blend all the seasoning and mix it inside. You might want to take the peel off your crushed garlic before mixing it with the other ingredients.
After mixing the seasonings in the jar, blend in the salt and pepper to taste. Then blend it well.
Add your newly sliced fresh herbs. (It is up to you whether you chop them finely or not).
Cover your jar tight. Shake it to let the herbs mixed properly with the other ingredients. Then store it in your fridge for future use. It will last for approximately one week in the fridge. Do not forget to shake the jar before every serving.
This keto salad dressing is the best to match your keto salad. Remember, the key is always in the dressing. The salad will never be tasty without the dressing. So, if you want to make the best keto salad, play around with your keto salad dressing.
Here is a video of how to make a keto salad dressing. See how she made her own version.
Are you now wondering what ingredients you will mix in to make your own version of keto salad dressing? I would like to stress also there are different types of salad dressing for different uses. There is a salad dressing for green salads, beef, chicken, and so on.
Let me give you the three best keto salad dressing recipes that are good to pair with green, beef and chicken salad. Don’t you think that would be a great start to guide you on this?
Best Keto Salad Dressing Recipes
What You Need
- Food processor.
- Jar to put your dressing in.
- Fork for mixing (if you do not need a processor).
1. Salad Dressing For A Beefsteak Recipe: Homemade French Dressing
- A cup of sugar or any sweetener of your choice (I suggest honey).
- 2 teaspoons of fine salt.
- A dash of paprika.
- ½ tsp. of powdered chili.
- ½ tsp. of seeds from celery.
- ½ tsp. of mustard preferably dry.
- 2 tbsp. of medium sized onion (if you do not like to grate an onion, you can substitute the powder form).
- ½ cup of organic vinegar (your choice).
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened ketchup.
- 1 cup of olive oil.
- Set aside the oil. Put all the ingredients into the food processor and blend.
- While it is still running, pour the oil in and continue blending until it’s well mixed.
- Turn off the food processor. Pour the mix into your jar, close the lid tight and refrigerate. Shake before using.
2. Salad Dressing For A Green Salad Recipe: Greek Dressing Recipe
- A clove of garlic (pressed or grated).
- 1 tsp. of oregano (preferably dry and scrubbed).
- ½ tsp. of fine salt.
- ¼ tsp. of black pepper, newly ground.
- ¼ cup of newly squeezed lime juice (pulp and seed-free).
- ½ cup of high quality of oil (your choice).
- In your prepared jar, mix all the ingredients except for the lemon juice and the oil. Mix it well with a fork or any tool you like.
- Pour in the lemon juice and the oil. Mix them well together with the other ingredients.
- Cover the jar tightly with the lid. Shake it well and refrigerate. Serve when needed.
3. Salad Dressing For A Chicken Salad Recipe: Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup of freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 ½ cup of fresh parsley flakes.
- ½ cup of fine salt with garlic flavor.
- 2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- ¼ cup of garlic powder.
- ¾ cup of onion powder.
- 2 tablespoon of fresh Dill weed.
- 1 tbsp. of the ranch mix above.
- 1 cup of your own choice of mayonnaise.
- 1 cup buttermilk or any substitute you like.
- A ¾ cup of your own homemade sour cream.
- ½ tsp. lime juice.
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl by whisking it well. Stop when it looks rich and creamy. Refrigerate it to thicken the dressing. Serve it when needed.
There you go! This ketonic diet is new to me, but I can see that its aim is a healthy way of eating. For a start, you can try the recipes above and match them with your salads. In the long run, you can create your own.
Don’t forget us when you have made your own keto salad dressing version. Drop a message and share it!