A casserole is usually a combination of rice, pasta, beans, potatoes, and meat that is baked in an ovenproof dish. The name “casserole” relates to the shape and kind of dish the meals are cooked in.
Do you want to learn a new recipe that will spice up your day? If so, try this chicken and dumpling casserole recipe with the help of the simple steps given below.
Chicken And Dumpling Casserole
When it comes to the best-tasting foods, chicken is definitely a popular choice. Whether you are eating it at home or in a high-end restaurant, chicken is a versatile type of meat, as you can add various flavors to it and create different delicious dishes..
Chicken And Dumpling Casserole: A Perfect Dish For All Occasions
Whether it is a special occasion, family dinner, holiday, or potluck dinner party, you cannot go wrong with chicken and dumpling casserole. This recipe is versatile so feel free to experiment with different ingredients that match your taste and preference. Indeed, chicken is among the most commonly used ingredients.
- It can be paired with all types of pasta, vegetables, cheeses, rice, and potatoes.
- Some fillers that taste best with chicken casseroles include sliced potatoes, brown or white rice, cooked pasta, fried or boiled rice, and all types of vegetables, such as mushrooms, onions, corn, broccoli, carrots, and peas to name but a few.
- You can also use spices, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
What Do You Need When Making Chicken And Dumpling Casserole?
If who love chicken perhaps you can share with us your own way of making chicken and dumpling casserole. The good thing is that we have prepared a simple recipe for you. Check this out.
- ¾ celery (chopped).
- 1 ¼ cup of chopped carrots.
- ¾ cup of chopped onion.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons of flour.
- 3 cups of chicken broth.
- 1 ¼ cups of frozen peas.
- 2 ½ cups of rotisserie chicken (chopped).
- ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
For dumplings, prepare the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of milk.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 1 cup of flour.
- 1 egg.
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Step 1: Heat the oven before you start cooking to about 350F degrees.
- Step 2: Spray the baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3: Melt the butter in a small skillet over a medium heat. After that, add the chopped celery and onion.
- Step 4: Cook for 9 to 10 minutes. You can season the veggies with a bit of pepper and salt. Then, let the veggies cooked while melting the butter.
- Step 5: Pour both the veggie mixture and butter into a baking dish.
- Step 6: Add the shredded chicken on top of the layer of vegetables. Season with a bit of pepper and salt.
- Step 7: Using a small bowl, combine the milk and self-rising flour and pour the mixture over the chicken. Never stir the layers, however. Mix the chicken broth and chicken soup’s cream in another bowl. Complete this step with salt and pepper.
- Step 8: While pouring the mixture over the chicken, make sure that the layers are not mixed.
- Step 9: Bake it for 40 to 45 minutes. Always keep in mind that the baking time will vary depending on the oven you are using, as well as the size of the pan. You will know it is ready when the top turns golden brown. When you have finished cooking, you may want to sprinkle the dish with dried parsley as it brightens up your casserole.
- Step 10: Lastly, serve the casserole with the best-tasting veggies and salad.
This casserole recipe is easy and most of all, very creamy. It is great for lunch with a green salad, which makes it the perfect meal. Just give it a try and I am sure you will love it. If you follow the simple steps above, you will make a dish you can be very proud of.
You do not need to be an expert to make a great tasting recipe that you can share with your family and friends at home. Just watch this video to find out more about the chicken and dumpling casserole recipe.
Chicken And Dumpling Casserole As A Quick And Easy Dish
- It is rich in protein, which helps to build strong muscles and healthy cells, and is low in fat.
- This makes it the ideal meat for weight-conscious people.
Chicken and dumpling casserole is one of the most popular choices for adults and kids alike, as an appetizer or main course. You can make different styles of casseroles that will give you the kind of satisfaction you are aiming for. This savoury chicken and dumpling casserole can become one of your favorites.
If you love fluffy dumplings with gravy poured on them, then this recipe is a must for you. Watch this video to learn more about this recipe.
You don’t need to be a master chef to make a delicious chicken and dumpling casserole. What’s more, the ingredients and the materials you need to make it are easily within reach. Just follow the steps written above if you want to achieve highly satisfactory results.
So, what are you waiting for? Prepare everything that you need and get ready to make the best chicken and dumpling casserole you’ve ever tasted. Satisfy your chicken cravings with this very easy to follow recipe.
If you found this article interesting, hit like, and post your comments and suggestions below.