What is a zoodle maker? This kitchen gadget was completely alien to me before I wrote this article. As I found it, “zoodle” is a term that is used for a zucchini noodle. So, when you say zoodle maker, this is a machine that can make a zucchini turn into something that looks like a noodle.
This means the machine is not only capable of doing its magic to zucchini, but also to all other veggies as well. Some call this machine a zoodler, a spiral slicer or a spiralizer. But for me, let us settle for zoodle maker! Let us now dig deeper and move on to our best zoodle maker review!
What Is A Zoodle Maker?
First, let’s learn some facts about the new and amazing zoodle maker, which is a big help in the kitchen. Its artistic potential with veggies will take your cooking up a level. So, how does it work?
There is no need to tell you all the steps. Obviously, you just have to insert the zucchini and then turn the handle to make the veggie into spiral shapes.
Here is a video for better understanding how the zoodle maker works:
Advantages Of Having A Zoodle Maker
- Promotes healthy weight loss.
- Spirals make more than the usual amount out of veggie and fruits.
- A fun opportunity to include more veggies in your diet.
- Family and kid friendly, at the same time as challenging our creative side.
- Quick, easy and healthy!
The 3 Kinds Of Zoodle Makers
For those who have a good grip, hand-held zoodle makers need an extra effort to use but will always be the choice if your concern is the cost and the storage space that’s needed.
They are not as sophisticated as the electric ones, but they much handier and practical when it comes to both travel and your budget.
Compared to hand-held zoodle makers, this type is bulky and heavy. It needs a big space on your kitchen top and it’s not a good idea to take it on your travels since it’s heavyweight.
However, if you are talking about cutting hard veggies into spirals or some other styles, this type is your best friend.
So, if your priority is comfort and using the minimum of effort, this is your winner. It usually has a sturdy base to prevent it from wobbling while you maneuver. It also comes with ledges for catching the spirals.
Image from Amazon.com
These automatic zoodle makers are the new craze among cooks who are into healthy recipes. You can find various models that have a lot to offer in different ways.
Of course, compared to the other two types above, this one is outstanding because of its special features and convenience when it comes to saving time and effort.
The most common type of these devices hold the vegetable in place with a metal ring that cuts core, starting at the middle. Obviously, this is a waste, but this model can handle large vegetables.
Image from Amazon
This type is the common choice. It holds the vegetable sitting on top of the blade, so it is easy and convenient to use.
It is less likely that the vegetable will fall and you can exert much more effort that way. All the vegetable is turned into spirals, so there is no wastage.
What To Look For In A Zoodle Maker?
Now for the most important part of our review. Below are the factors that you need to consider before buying an awesome zoodle maker. Pay attention, since this is crucial before purchasing.
- Easy to Use – Looking at the hand-held and manual stand zoodle makers, try to check if you can attach the veggie or fruit easily and use the lever smoothly. Levers are important. If it is hard to twist, it could hurt your hands. Handles also must be considered, so choose those that are comfortable to grip.
- Durability – Select a model that is sturdy and strong enough to use on tough bigger veggies and fruit. A loose base, shaky handle, and fragile blades should turn you off!
- Easy to Clean – This is always crucial in every buying decision. Maintenance plays an important role in keeping your equipment in good condition so that it will last for a long while. Choose a model that can be easily detached, is dishwasher friendly and easy to scrub manually.
- Storage Space – Consider the space in your kitchen. If you picka big device, be sure you have a nice big area for storage. Hand-held models are usually the best if you are a minimalist but it always boils down to your needs.
- Features – Additional features catch our attention. Who wouldn’t want to buy equipment that can offer you more? So keep an eye on those models with different blade shapes as it means you can make different kinds of spirals, ribbons, and slices of different thickness. Try to make sure that the blades are easy to attach or detach.
- Safety – The blades for spiralizers are designed to be really sharp. These machines always come with a manual and safety instructions. Ensure that the new one you buy does and follow them while you’re working. The blades are usually exposed, so use your common sense and take precautions when you are using the machines or cleaning them. In addition, check if it is BPA-free.
- Recipes – There are many recipe books and guides, as well as lots online. Yet it’s always is a plus when a recipe book comes with the device. The recipes are always compatible with the capability of the machine.
- Food Waste – Zoodle makers are capable of wasting food. Look for the models that can maximize its usage and spiral most of the vegetable. It needs to be capable of spiralizing every last part of a vegetable. Not all do this, so prepare another recipe for those little bits of veggies that are left.
- Price – This is easy. Zoodle makers usually cost between $20 and $200, depending on the type, brand or location. Be a wise buyer and look at different distributors.
- Style – Everyone of us has our own needs. If you are already satisfied with the hand-held type, then so be it. However, for those who frequently make spirals out of of veggies and fruits, I recommend buying the bench top or electric models because of their convenience.
With our buying guide above, you are already equipped to choose the best zoodle maker for you. So it is now time for our showcase! All of the models that we have prepared for you were well selected and picked from the very best in the market. This was based on the highest positive reviews, feedbacks from distributors and their sales record data that we can find. Rest assured that whatever you pick, is will be a winner, so there is nothing to worry about. Let us start our review!
Top 5 Best Zoodle Makers Reviews
Image from Amazon.com
OXO Good Grips is quite a handful! Start a healthier and happier life for you and your family with this 3-blade spiralizer. I hope you can try right it out right now. The top quality SS super sharp blades mean the spirals comes out in a jiffy. It is so simple to use, I won’t have to wait long for my meal to be prepared.
It works on other veggies as well as zucchini! But it does not work well with carrots (which is maybe because they are just too hard), but this is no big deal. It is still a great perk for my healthy diet program.
Anyway, this comes with a removable blade box, which is convenient for storage, and a strong hold cup to keep the base firm when it’s in use. So here it is, I recommend this as a perfect gift for your family and friends.
- Well separated blade storage.
- A larger router.
- Super strong suction cups.
- Not effective on hard veggies.
Image from Amazon.com
Our second showcase is the newest patented design, which is great to create veggie pasta or spirals for a healthy family meal! This Mueller Spiralizer has 4 ultra-sharp stainless steel 420-grade hardened German blades that are so good, it only takes a blink of an eye to finish making the spirals.
There’s no need to fret, this is very easy to clean. It is also dishwasher safe and easy to use! There is just one small concern though. The container is too small for the spirals and it took me a long time to pack it back up. It does not affect how this awesome device works though!
Why am I excited to use this? This model is noted as the superstar of all zoodle makers, so I was expecting to be surprised. Indeed, it has multiple functions (a slicer, spiralizer, mandolin, juicer, and grater) in one piece of equipment, so less storage is required. This vertical slicer has a firm base so it won’t bulge when used. So, all is easy-peasy and fun, fun, fun in the kitchen!
- Good blade storage.
- Hard to pack up.
- Product container is small.
Image from Amazon.com
Paderno World Cuisine have a solid 15 years in the market and counting! With its original design, this model is highly popular and recommended by social media due to both its durability and safety standards.
This model is not that easy to assemble but it makes spirals in seconds! Of course, the frame and blades are made out of high-quality, impact-resistant ABS plastic that is BPA-free. Reengineered to fit your need, it is break resistant and totally safe to use. It is adjustable, whether you are left or right handed, and the stainless steel blades last a very long time.
What I like about this model is its four different blades that can cut veggies into flat ribbons or spiral noodles to create long spaghetti strands (shredder), thick spiral strands (chipper), long ribbon strands (straight) and the newest addition, which is the angel hair cut. Not only that, but we have added a guided rail for smoother slices. Four blades are better than three! Cool, isn’t it?
Of all the zoodle maker in this list, this is the most powerful model among the top 5 on the list and has four durable blades. Truly, this is a leader in healthy cuisine!
Image from Amazon.com
Looking for an awesome gift? This Zoodle Slicer ZS001 is absolutely the best gift you can give for a health-conscious mom. This is easy to use with a superb design that makes it perfectly durable and it’s able to make spirals out of any vegetable you like. It’s also dishwasher safe and so easy to clean.
This, for me, is a keeper! It’s specially made stainless steel Japanese blades can cut both strands and floral patterns. They are also durable and do not rust. In any case, there’s no need to worry as it has a lifetime warranty and I can always ask for a new one or my money back.
Using this machine was a breeze. I never had any fear of being cut as it comes with some finger guards for safety and a complete set of cleaning accessories. However, I do not recommend this model if you plan to make meals in big batches, as it will take you forever to make them.
In addition, you still need a fork to help you to separate the spirals. Therefore, this is perfect for personal and occasional use only.
- Have 10 settings to choose from.
- You still need a fork to use to help you separate the spirals.
- Not recommended for large meals.
Image from Amazon.com
Last but not least is the high-quality German brand Westmark, which now has the reputation of being the world’s number one best kitchenware. This easy and ready to use model is made of sturdy materials that ensure both quality and safety.
Let me tell you about the best feature of this model. Like the other machines, it is made out of stainless steel blades that are perfect for making my favorite julienne shapes and coarse shapes. This comes with three blades in all, including a blade for the spirals, of course.
There’s just a bit of a concern to mention here. Certain parts of the blade are hard to clean, which I thought you might like to know. So how do you like your cut? I don’t mind doing it at all as this machine has an ergonomic handle that makes it comfortable to use. What are you waiting for?
- Blades are hard to clean.
- No directional piece to guide the noodles.
Our Best Pick!
So how about that? Have you decided your choice yet? I can understand if you are having a hard time choosing one, since all of the models selected are among the best. While you are contemplating, let me show you my best pick!
I know you are curious as to why I chose this model as my best pick. Well, I am sure it is the best buy for me and I am excited about bringing it home.
It has all the features I need, the price fits my budget and I love how nice and clean it looks! We all have different priorities, so we will all make different choices but, whatever yours is, it’s already a winner!
How was our best zoodle makers reviews? We certainly hope that you’ve already decided which one to buy. If this review has helped you a lot to choose a spiralizer, we are glad we’ve served our purpose.
Please share this to everyone who is also ready to embrace the world of spirals! Right here!