Admit it, you have been caught looking at those magnificent large ovens with 20 or more chickens roasting beautifully at the Supermarket. You know, those juice dripped rotating chickens on a spit that looks so mouthwatering, slowly getting some browning as it gets cooked to roasted perfection.
Nothing is more primal than preparing a chicken the old fashioned way. We all know that roasting chicken can be done in an oven, there are plenty of recipes and techniques all over the net for you to choose from. All you need is well, an oven.
But let’s be honest here, not all of us have the luxury of getting that wonderful 80-liter beast of an oven that we saw while passing by the appliance section. You know what I’m talking about, those large ovens could probably fit enough chickens to feed your entire block. Plus, some of us really have to deal with their equally behemoth price. A good one will cut you back at least a thousand dollars, which is not exactly price-friendly right?
So this is where the rotisserie oven enters. Besides making some kick-ass roasted chickens, these ovens could also do a variety of other things. These small wonders are a godsend for those that are cramped with space issues but still wants to Julia Child their way around the kitchen.
But looking for a good one is no easy feat, some of them can suffer from poor quality and iffy build. Finding a rotisserie oven that can bring you cooking happiness will require a little research and research.
This article hopes to help you in your quest in getting the perfect rotisserie oven for you.
How To Choose A Rotisserie Oven
- Benefits Of Having A Rotisserie Oven
- The 5 Best Rotisserie Ovens Built For You
- The Best For Those Who Like Taking It Easy: Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven
- The Best For Those Who Take Their Meat Seriously: Ronco 5500 Series Rotisserie
- The Best For Those Who Like To Do A Bit Of Everything: Maxi-Matic ERO-2008S Toaster Oven Broiler With Rotisserie, Grill & Griddle
- The Best For Those Who Love Dinner Parties: Hamilton Beach 31003A Countertop Oven With Convection & Rotisserie
- The Best For Those With A Tight Budget: Black & Decker TO3210SSD 6 Slice Counter Top Toaster Oven
**Below, you’ll find more detailed reviews, but you can also click links above to check current prices and read customer’s reviews on Amazon.
Benefits Of Having A Rotisserie Oven
- Rotisserie roasting is much more succulent – The slow rotation of the meat on a spit while in an oven helps the meat achieve a much even cooking in its own juices.
- Space saver – As mentioned above, the ability to save space is one of the main reasons to buy a rotisserie oven. They are small, compact, and built to fit on shelves and cabinets quite snuggly. Saving space has unexpected benefits like more food preparation room and the ability to put more appliances in your kitchen
- Easier cleaning – It’s a pretty simple explanation; the smaller the cooking space the easier for it to clean up. Large ovens are just pretty hard to clean; they require a good chunk of your day to make sure you get a lot of soot.
- Portable – If you are having a family reunion in another city where there is no access to an oven and you want to whip up some of that artisanal pizza your mom raves to your relatives then your best bet is bringing along your rotisserie oven (Though it won’t be that easy). These ovens are large enough to roast a whole chicken. I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to just grab and pack that 60-liter oven you have in your kitchen.
- Value – Sometimes space is not only the issue but money. Maybe you are saving up for that engagement ring for your girlfriend, or maybe paying the rent is just a better priority than making a three-layer chocolate cake. Whatever the reason is a rotisserie is just more affordable than those large built in ovens. Sure, you will give up on making large batches but at least you will have a place to sleep in tonight.
- Faster cooking – What it gives up on the cooking surface it makes up with speed. Just like cleaning, the smaller the oven is the faster it will get to reach your desired temperature than a large capacity oven.
The 5 Best Rotisserie Ovens Reviews
The Best For Those Who Like Taking It Easy: Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven
If you are looking for a countertop oven that can not only cook a mean chicken rotisserie style but also do a myriad of other cooking needs, then you should definitely check out the Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven. This small dynamo can fit quite nicely on your countertop for that hassle free everyday cooking.
Let us start first with the obvious, this Cuisinart rotisserie oven is an absolute beauty. T has an elegant stainless steel exterior finish that looks great with the modern looking knobs and LCD screen.
Inside, this model has ample space enough to rotisserie roast a 4-pound chicken. You could also fit a 12-inch pizza for those who want to make their own pies. For those who love making their own bread, cooking a slew of other treats is also easier with this oven.
- First of all, it has a built-in heat sensor inside to ensure that your food is being cooked at even and optimal temperatures.
- Secondly, the Cuisinart oven has over 12 different functions for your cooking.
- The following are Bagel, toast, roast, bake, pizza, broil, leftovers, keep nice.
- All of this can be seen easily with the blue backlit LCD screen on the top left of the device which also features a timer and a clock.
- Most small rotisserie ovens heat up fast, but at 1875 watts this baby heats up really fast.
As for those meats, it has a setting for chicken, duck, and other meats.
Frankly, this oven is so user-friendly and would really appeal to those who are quite scared of going into the kitchen.
Included in the set is an oven rack, baking/drip pan, broil rack, spit & skewers, skewer grip, crumb tray and recipe booklet.
- Elegant exterior.
- Internal heat sensor.
- LCD screen.
- Multitude of cooking modes.
- Expensive price tag.
The Best For Those Who Take Their Meat Seriously: Ronco 5500 Series Rotisserie
The Ronco 5500 Series Rotisserie is for those who have likes to take their chicken roasting quite seriously.
As you can see, the curved glass of the door was made specifically so you can view the roasting meat from a much more visible angle. Sure it has a rotisserie basket that lets you cook other meats like burgers, fish, and sausages, but in all honesty, this cooking machine was built for one thing: cooking large chunks of meat.
- Let’s drop the biggest bomb first; this baby can cook a 15-pound turkey. Nothing quite like a semi-compact oven being the lone savior of thanksgiving right? You can fit two 4 pound chickens inside this oven but it will be quite snug.
- It has a feature called self-basting rotation which keeps the flavor as the fat oozes into the drip tray.
- It also has three settings that makes cooking your meat that much better. The settings are roast, sear, and no heat rotation which allows the meat to have ample time to rest before you serve it. And good cooks know how much a huge piece of meat needs that rest so it won’t toughen up once you serve it.
- It also has a timer, although one drawback is that it can only be set for three hours which is not enough time for slow roasting larger cuts of meat. Still, the timer is pretty good for all other cooking duration besides that.
- It has a light inside for you to see the progress of your cooking. C’mon admit it, nothing beats watching raw chicken getting slowly browned for two hours right?
The Ronco 5500 Series Rotisserie comes with multipurpose basket, rotisserie spit, carving platform, removable drip tray, oven gloves and food ties.
- Perfect for large cuts of meat.
- 3-hour timer for long roasting times.
- No heat rotation.
- Can fit 2 small whole chickens.
- Not that good with other cuts of meat (sausages, burgers, etc.).
The Best For Those Who Like To Do A Bit Of Everything: Maxi-Matic ERO-2008S Toaster Oven Broiler With Rotisserie, Grill & Griddle
Before we go any further, allow me to enumerate the things that the Maxi-Matic ERO-2008S can do:
Of course it wouldn’t be a rotisserie oven if you can’t roast meat on a spit, but to be honest, the cuisine art and Ronco are better for this. Where the Maxi-Matic ERO-2008S shines is its ability to do a lot of things. And yes, you read that correctly, this oven can function as a steamer. It has a steamer pan with a rack and a high-top dome. It makes this device a good pick up for those health conscious eaters.
One thing I love about this is that it has a griddle on top, it is absolutely a dream if you want to cook some juicy steak. Just think about roasting a large sirloin for even heating inside the oven and then finishing if off on the griddle on top for some markings.
The 60-minute timer is too short to be quite frank. I kind of wish it was a little bit higher.
It is not too shabby with a space size of 23 liters inside. You can put a 12-inch pizza with relative ease. It also has a keep warm setting for when you need your dish to stay hot but not overcook it.
- Multipurpose oven.
- Griddle on top.
- 60-minute timer is a bit short.
- Not that pretty to look at.
The Best For Those Who Love Dinner Parties: Hamilton Beach 31003A Countertop Oven With Convection & Rotisserie
If you love throwing dinner parties and need a rotisserie oven that could at least have some extra space, then you really need to check out this countertop oven by Hamilton Beach.
It isn’t too large, it’s just spacious and smartly constructed inside. To get a better understanding how much this compact oven is pretty spacey for its size, here are what you can fit inside the Hamilton Beach 31003A:
- 1 dozen cupcakes.
- 1 five-pound chicken.
- 2 twelve inch pizzas (One at the top rack).
- Two 9 x 3 inches casseroles.
- 2 cake pans.
Pretty decent for a kitchenware that can still sit snuggly on the countertop. It also has four settings which are bake, convection, broil, and rotisserie.
It has a pretty decent timer at 2 hours and an automatic shutoff once you use it. The exterior of the oven is a non-stick so cleanup should not be as hard. Overall a pretty decent buy when you always expect a few people in your house.
- Very spacious.
- It looks nice for your kitchen.
- Decent 2-hour timer.
- Not too many modes.
The Best For Those With A Tight Budget: Black & Decker TO3210SSD 6 Slice Counter Top Toaster Oven
If one of the reasons that you decided to buy a rotisserie oven is because you have been trying to tighten up on your belt, then give the Black and Decker TO3210SSD 6 Slice Counter Top Toaster Oven a little bit of your time.
- It can easily fit a 12-inch pizza as well as 6 slices of toast. It also has two baking racks that even adds more space for your cooking.
- Roasting a chicken will be easy with this sturdy rotisserie oven as it can easily fit a 4 pounder.
- It has a nifty ready indicator light as well as two timers; one is a normal 60-minute timer while the other is a much precise toast timer.
- It also has four functions like bake, broil, toast, and keep warm.
The Black & Decker TO3210SSD doesn’t blow us away with extra features and other stuff. It’s just a really good convection rotisserie oven that has a knockout affordable price at about 55 US dollars.
- Budget friendly.
- Extra baking rack.
- Nice exterior for such an affordable price.
- Not too many cooking modes.
So there you go, the 5 best rotisserie oven built just for you. So whether you just love throwing dinner with your friends or fancy yourself as a meat expert then there is an oven that is just the perfect fit.
If you have any stories and comments regarding rotisserie ovens, then feel free to write in the section below.
There’s nothing in this world that excites me more other than cooking. From appetizers to desserts, since then, I’ve always been passionate on making foods.