When you are crazy of apple and your favorite drink is juice, how do you know which one to pick? There are many kinds of apple, so let us learn the best to quench your thirst.
Best Apples For Juicing
- Health Benefits Of Apples
- Which Apples Best for Juicing?
- 1. Granny Smiths: These Are Good For A Sweet-Tart Taste!
- 2. Golden Delicious: For Juice Lovers Who Want To Lose Those Extra Pounds!
- 3. Bramley’s Seedling: Juicing For Good Health?
- 4. Fuji Apples: For Energy Fanatics Who Want A Quick Boost!
- 5. Gala Apples: Best Apple Juice For Kids?
- How To Juice An Apple
- What Are The Benefits Of Juicing?
Health Benefits Of Apples
An apple a day keeps the doctor away! An apple has lots of health benefits. If you make it part of your daily diet plan, it can give you:
- A good source of fiber.
- Vitamin C that boosts the immune system and fight infections.
- Antioxidants that prevent cancer.
- Protection against high cholesterol by absorbing bad cholesterol.
- Vitamin A, which is good for your eyesight, bone development and smooth skin.
- Increasing the platelet count, which is great for Dengue patients.
Yeah, apple juice! There are lots of kinds that are available on the market. If you want convenience, go to the nearest supermarket and buy one, or you can just make one yourself! Which is the best? It is totally up to you guys, but if you want it to be fresh and natural, let’s do it the exciting way. So let’s start juicing!
Before we start juicing, let us find out which of the different types of apples are best for it. Apples give you the perfect juice and can go well with other ingredients that you choose to blend them with. However, you need to know why you want apple juice when choosing them.
Which Apples Best for Juicing?
All apples (there are 7500 kinds worldwide) are not the same in terms of their texture, color, flesh, juice and taste. So when you’re juicing, it is critical to choose the right kind.
1. Granny Smiths: These Are Good For A Sweet-Tart Taste!
If you are craving apple juice because of its taste, this is the right choice. It gives you a sweet-tart apple flavor that is just right. Other kinds of apples will give you an overly sweet blend.
It also has the highest content of Potassium of them all.
2. Golden Delicious: For Juice Lovers Who Want To Lose Those Extra Pounds!
Having a very low calory content and a less sugary taste compared to other apples, these are the best.
3. Bramley’s Seedling: Juicing For Good Health?
Apples contain a lot of vitamins and minerals but Bramley’s Seedling has the highest content of vitamin C. If you are looking to boost your immune system, this is the one for you.
4. Fuji Apples: For Energy Fanatics Who Want A Quick Boost!
You can quickly juice a number of these for an instant increase in energy. Fresh juice is good for those who are into marathons or just want to liven up a boring day.
It is best for natural sugar and carbohydrates.
5. Gala Apples: Best Apple Juice For Kids?
This apple is very common anywhere, so it is not hard to find. It has a deliciously sweet taste that your kids will definitely like.
Mostly grown in New Zealand, it is highly nutritious like other kinds of apples.
The above apples are included in the best apples for juicing and have been categorized according to your need. Which of the five are best for you? You could always choose them all you know.
They are all available in your favorite supermarkets. If you want to make apple juice without thinking of any category, the apples listed below are those that will give you best juice:
- Ashmead’s Kernel.
- Bramley’s Seedling.
- Granny Smith.
- Golden Delicious.
- Red Delicious.
- Buy organic apples whenever possible, they are the best and safest for juice.
- Use the most reliable juicing machine. The amount of juice you get from an apple greatly depends on it. A good machine will extract the juice well and prevent any wastage.
- Apples are naturally sweet, so there is no need to add sweetener when juicing, but they have different levels of sweetness, so you may like to combine certain types to get the kind of sweetness you desire.
- Choose apples that are fully ripe as they can give you the highest amount of juice. They should be firm and crunchy. About 2-3 kilograms of apples make 1 liter of juice (whaaat?).
- Important: When juicing, be sure to get the pip out first. It contains the poison cyanide that will make your juice taste awful.
How To Juice An Apple
We have now learned about the apples that are best for juicing. Let us find out as well how to juice them.
There are two methods of juicing.
- The easy method is to use the juicing machine. All you need to do is clean, cut and put it in the juicer. Let it work, and you have your instant juice! Here is a video that you can watch:
- However, for those who do not have juicers at home but blenders instead, you are lucky. Juicing apples with blenders are completely possible. Here is a video on how to do it:
- Still, if you do not have a juicer nor a blender, why not do it without them? Let us find out how to juice manually:
What you need to do:
- Prepare your batch of apple (2-3 kilos for a start).
- Wash your apples carefully and cut out blemishes and worms.
- There’s no need to peel if they are organic, but if not, peel and cut them into quarters before tossing into a large crock.
- Add enough water and bring them to simmering point.
- Continue cooking until they are supple.
- Line your colander with light fabric.
- Pour the apples into the colander.
- Press the apples to extract the juice from them (anything that is comfy to use in pressing), a spoon may work fine.
- Let the juice drain for several hours (overnight is recommended) in your fridge.
- Heat the extracted juice in a pot and let it simmer.
- Let it cool, put them into hot quart containers, seal and put them in the boiling water bath canner for half an hour.
- Preserve it, by either freezing, canning or pasteurizing. Better yet, go ahead and drink it.
What Are The Benefits Of Juicing?
- If you have an abundant supply of apples, juicing has a lot of benefits. It takes care of the excess apples by converting the juice and preserving them.
- Make use of low quality apples (so as not to waste them).
- Healthy lifestyle – juicing offers health benefits by absorbing nutrients that are found from fruits and veggies.
- It’s a better way of adding to your diet those fruits and veggies you do not like to eat.
I guess we have covered all that we need to know, as well as some bonus information about the best apple for juicing. Now you know what to pick at the supermarket and the effective way to juice them. What is your best choice? You are free to choose as you please. You do not have to settle for the same apple you have known since you were a kid.
Share this article with your friends, so that they will know the right apple for them. If you want to tell us more about what is on your mind, share it with us here. We’re waiting for your comments, guys!